Thursday, March 19, 2009

mashed potatoes, moose and hand jestures




Wednesday we woke up to this moose in our back yard eating off of our bushes. As you can tell this little guy was not afraid us us at all. The girls really enjoyed seeing him in our yard.



















So this week started off with St. Patty's Day. Ever since is served part of mission in Ireland and I was there on St. Patty's Day I feel it my duty to celebrate somehow. So we have all green dinners. Okay I won't change the color of the meat but everything else is fair game. This year we had a Shepard pie minus the green beans with broccoli on the side green jello and limeade. Always a meal to look forward to.



The other fun things this week has been that Owen has decided to communicate OR maybe its just that we have figured out how he is communicating. He started to uses some  baby sign . "All done", "hello", and "good bye" and yes you can tell the difference between those two with what he vocalizes. He refuses to sign "more" but he will say MA in a very demanding tone which we have figured out means "more now!" All of our hearts have melted by seeing his chubby little hands wave at us. We are not above him preforming.


Sorry this blog is a little backwards. I'm still trying to figure this all out :)

3 comments:

  1. That is a cute little Moose... I didn't have any green dye to make all my food green... I thought about it. It looked like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you all had a fun and interesting week! I don't think I've ever seen a moose that close before--how fun for the kids!!! Parker LOVES "Baby Signing Time"--he uses more sign language to communicate than words. It is so much fun when you can actually sort of understand what they are trying to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dyed green food just makes my stomach turn (that is except for dyed green frosting which is fine). I think it has to do with that time in high school that I entered a hot dog eating contest and the hot dogs were dyed green.

    ReplyDelete